Our customer charter
Porter Davis isn’t just any building company.
We started with a bunch of guys who wanted to make a difference by treating customers with respect and by carefully thinking things through to deliver homes that meet your changing lifestyle needs. That DNA lives on in our business. It’s driven by our founder, expressed in our belief and reflected in our manifesto and comes to life in how we treat you.
Let’s face it, building a new home is a BIG deal – and you’re bound to have questions. We asked for feedback from customers and when necessary we have made the changes necessary to ensure we are giving you all the support you need. Our promise to you is that you will always have someone to talk to if you have any questions along the way.
You want your home to be perfect. We get that. That’s why we employ detail obsessed designers and builders. They obsess over things like quality and craftsmanship. Some might say they are perfectionists. We think that’s a good thing.
If it doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t work for us.
Our promise to you
At Porter Davis we drive a customer-obsessed culture. From the day you reach out to us to the many years after you have moved in – we want your journey with Porter Davis to be a positive and rewarding experience.
Our Customer Charter sets out our commitment to you and the standards of service you can expect from us. It explains how to obtain information you need and how you can help us to continue to maintain high standards of service through your feedback.
We put your needs at the heart of everything we do
All customers will have access to our customer portal for their building journey. This portal will be your dedicated hub to manage any questions, requests or documentation relevant to your build.
- You are able to let us know how often you wish to be contacted. This can be updated at any time throughout your building journey
- You will have the contact details of your dedicated building team in your portal
- We will seek feedback on how you are feeling when you use the portal. Your feedback is sent to our management team daily and any concerns are addressed as soon as possible
- Your portal will home all of your latest documentation and can be accessed 24/7
Once you have handed over your home
- All customers will be able to access their warranty tab via the Porter Davis customer portal within 7 days of handover
- You will be able to upload any photos with a description during this 90-day period that you wish to be considered for your New Home Care warranty
- Your New Home Care progress can be tracked via this portal
For those who haven’t started building with us yet – we are available on 1300 799 105 or email@example.com.
Open and honest communication
- We will ensure that you have a detailed quote with a 30 day validity period so you don’t feel any pressure to purchase before you are ready
- Guarantee you a month of site start
- Guarantee you the month that your home will be completed
- Provide you with clear information about every step in the process of building a new home
- Provide a fixed price contract so you know exactly what your new home will cost to construct
- Use the HIA New Home Building Contract and provide you with a copy of our contract in advance of signing
- Provide complete and clear pricing and inclusions documentation
- Clearly explain our variations policy
- Clearly explain your cancellation rights
An enduring commitment to getting it right
- Build you a quality home in line with the National Construction Code and the VBA Guide to Standards and Tolerances
- Provide you with reassurance that if there is a problem where we are at fault we will fix it
- Work with a Registered Building Surveyor (RBS) who completes and verifies statutory inspections at slab, frame and completion stages (the RBS is appointed by the customer and is independent of the builder)
- Offer to meet you on site to conduct joint inspections during business hours in line with Covid restrictions
- Peace of mind with independent quality inspections by BSS
- Listen to your concerns and provide a formal response within 7 days
- Provide a New Home Information Pack at completion of your new home, including manufacturer’s warranties
Health and safety
Our commitment to health, safety and well-being is firmly ingrained across all aspects of our workplace. The past 20 years has seen us continually strive to reduce risks, and protect our people, by building a culture where safety comes first.
Porter Davis remains committed to safe work practices on site in accordance with government Covid-19 restrictions. Due to the changing rules and regulations we ask that you check in with your site supervisor or via your portal to ensure you are following health and safety protocols for not only your safety, but for the safety of any person working on site.
OHS Policy 2019