As the leaves turn and autumn calls upon us, you might think your options for easy summer entertaining are over but with an integrated alfresco area or some stylish table settings, year round entertaining is a modern reality.
If you’re reflecting on the enjoyable barbeques and easy to entertain summer occasions, don’t despair – just because winter is approaching doesn’t mean it’s the end of your entertaining options!
In fact, our Senior Interior Designers believe table settings can help you create year round entertaining possibilities and with a few simple tricks, your table will be the envy of all who attend.
If you’re looking for some visual inspiration, make sure you check out our Pinterest page dedicated to table settings but here are some tips from our design team to ensure your entertaining efforts are enhanced with plenty of style ambiance:
- Set the table, even simply, for each occasion – be it morning tea with a serving tray, cake stand and teapot, or afternoon refreshments with coasters and an ice bucket. If you’re sitting down to a three course meal, consider glassware, crockery and plating – a little effort goes a long way in creating the overall look and feel
- Don’t have an all out matching 10 person entrée, main, dessert and butter plate setting with the matching cutlery and glassware? Embrace a more affordable eclectic and boho look by mixing and matching crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Lighting is really important, you need to be able to see your food and drinks without feeling like a deer in the headlights. Feature pendants really help deliver ambient lighting without imposing on your senses
- Dressing up your table doesn’t need to cost a fortune – use blooms, leaves or even fruit from your garden for centerpieces. If you head to your local florist, buy at the end of the day and look for what’s in season to save!
- If the weather is nice, you can chase the sun outdoors with a “portable” table and easy to move stools/chairs
- For outdoor settings add a table cloth to give a sense of occasion