Michael’s chocolate chip cookies
Learn how to make New Home Consultant Michael’s simple cookies from Cafe Delites
- 1/2 cup (125 g) stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (or coconut syrup, maple syrup or honey may be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips…..or more
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds to just barely melt it (half soft and half melted).
- Beat the butter with the brown and white sugar/s until creamy and pale in colour and sugar has dissolved. Pour in the syrup, vanilla and the egg, and lightly beat until just mixed through.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing until combined. If needed, add in one tablespoon of extra flour at a time until the dough is still soft but easy to handle and firm enough to form one large ball
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips with your hands.
- Scoop out 18-20 balls and arrange them on a lined baking sheet. Press the remaining chocolate chips onto the tops of each cookie.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes. The cookies will look pale and puffed up, but should be golden around the edges. DO NOT OVER BAKE or your cookies will become hard once they have cooled.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 30 minutes.
Click here for more from Cafe Delites